YMCA Youth Soccer Financial Assistance Form
The Decatur Youth Soccer League emphasizes fun, family involvement, skill development, and teamwork. DYSL pairs soccer along with character development, providing the best environment for young athletes to grow and dream big!
PreK - 8th Grade
- Welcome to the Decatur Youth Soccer League page! We are excited to have you as a part of our soccer family! DYSL is a Decatur Family YMCA Youth Sport Program.
- All games will be played on Saturday mornings/ early afternoons (unless otherwise noted). DYSL is home to the Historic YMCA Sports Park located at 2121 S. Imboden Ct. in Decatur (previously the Borg Warner Sports Complex). Our sports park is located directly behind Huff Lumber on US Hwy 51 in Decatur.
- Teams are created based on requests, similar schools, grades, and roster completions. Once finalized, game schedules will be available on this page. Game schedules will not be finalized until the first week of April. Your child's coach will also provide you with your teams game schedule.
- We encourage you to follow our YMCA Sports Facebook Page for important information, weather related updates/cancellations, schedules and other notifications.
- Team picture day will be held on Saturday, April 24th before each teams' game
PLAYER DRESS CODE:
Players will receive 2 game jerseys. Shorts or pants are players preference for practices and games. Please be weather conscious when dressing your athlete.
All players are required to have & wear shin guards in order to play - no exceptions. If player has a soccer ball, he/she should bring it to all practices along with their own water bottle. Player may wear non-metal soccer cleats or they may also wear regular tennis shoes.
PRACTICE INFORMATION & CONTACT BY COACHES:
- Pre-K & K players practice for 30-minutes on Saturday mornings immediately before their game. They do not practice during the week.
- 1st - 8th Grade players will practice during the week at the Y Sports Park. Weekly practice day & time are determined by our volunteer coaches. Coaches will contact players no later than April 4th. Coaches will provide practice info, game schedules, and other important season information.
- Practices begin the week of April 5h for 1st-8th grade. PreK - K will have the opportunity to practice for 2 weeks before their first game, then will begin their pre-game, 30-minute practices for the remainder of the season.
WAYS TO REGISTER YOUR CHILD:
WE CAN HELP!
Income based registration rates are available through our Financial Assistance Program. The program assistance for is placed below. Please fill out this 1-page form and turn in and email it to email@example.com. You will be contacted with your potential reduced registration fee if you qualify.
- New name! New logo! We are now the Decatur Youth Soccer League (DYSL)
- New game jerseys AND each player receives 2 jerseys!!
- New individual player achievement incentives
- Each player registered receives an new soccer ball!
- Multi-player discounts - each additional player registered receives $20 OFF!
- FREE child registration for parent volunteer coaches
- Each child registered will receive a $10 off voucher to use towards their next soccer season. Vouchers may be picked up at the Y front desk or may be emailed to you.
Volunteer as a coach & your child plays for FREE!
Coaching your child's team is a great way to spend extra time with you child! You are also a role model for other young athletes and impact your community in a positive way. Coach with a friend, family member or with another parent. Either way, we hope you consider becoming a coach this season.
Responsibilities of a coach:
- Successfully complete and pass a background check
- Coach practices & games throughout the season
- Communicate with parents regarding season & team information, games, practices, team pictures, schedules, cancellations, etc. Communication with parents on a weekly basis is a vital component of being a coach
- Communicate with the Sports Director as needed
- Consistently implement the YMCA core values & mission
All interested coaches should attend one of the scheduled pre-season coaches meetings. If coaches are unable to attend a meeting, then a one-on-one meeting can be setup with the Sports Coordinator at an alternate date.
Please contact Matt Laws if interested in coaching. Coaching priority will be given to returning volunteer coaches, then on a first come first serve basis.
Have more than one child you need to register? Take advantage of our multi-family discount. 1st child registered is full-price. Any additional children registered receive $20 off each! To register for a multi-family discount, please contact Debra Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 217-872-9622 ext. 129
Those registering for multi-family will not be able to register online. Please contact Debra to register.
Sponsorship Opportunities are Available!
We are currently accepting personal or corporate sponsors for our soccer league. Please contact the Sports Director if you are interested in becoming a sponsor or for more information.
Coming soon - DYSL Game Schedules! Check back soon for game details.
* The DYSL season is scheduled for a normal season. However, we will be following all guideline put forth by the State under the Restore IL plan. Therefore, there might be slight changes to the usual structure. We will communicate any changes as soon as possible.
DYSL Fall Season Information
Registration Dates: May 1st - July 18th
Season Dates: August 28th - October 9th
Practices: Begin in August
Youth Soccer Summer Camp will be held in July. Check back later for more details.
For more information about our Youth Sports programs, contact the YMCA at (217) 872-9622